Keep-Nut 11.4mm Manual Drill Bit, 5/8"-11 Thread
11.4mm Manual Keep-Nut Drill Bit with a 5/8"-11 thread for use with a grinder or polisher. Each 11.4mm Drill Bit comes with stop collar to set repeatable depths for accurate drilling.
- Use on a manual stone polisher with water attachment.
- 3500-4000 RPM recommended
- For manual drilling you will need the 11.4mm diamond non-coring bit with a ⅝-11 thread and the stop collar
- Water must be used for accurate hole dimensions. 3500-4000 RPM recommended
- A different bit with a softer bond and finer diamonds is available for porcelain and sintered stone such Dekton, and Neolith
- For most applications including undermount sinks, the 2 crown 6.5mm height anchor (IM2S) is recommended.
- For this anchor, set the stop collar for around 5/16 or 8mm from the cutting edge. This extra depth is important as the first 1/16” of drilling depth will be wider or out of round. As the bit drills deeper, the hole typically becomes more accurate.
- When manual drilling the hole may be slightly large or out-of-round at the top of the hole. As long as the hole is sized correctly at the bottom, the anchor will perform at or near full strength.
- The anchor must “bottom out” in the hole to work correctly. If the anchor is not fully seated, then the post will spin freely and not tighten down once inserted.
- *2 crown, 6.5mm version. Other anchors available with higher and lower load limits. Final pull out strength will depend on the substrate used.
Write Your Own Review