LORD® 206 acrylic adhesive when cured with LORD Accelerator 4, 17 or 19 creates a long working time adhesive system that bonds a wide variety of prepared or unprepared metals and plastics. LORD 206 acrylic adhesive in combination with the recommended accelerator replaces welding, brazing, riveting and other mechanical fastening methods.
LORD 206 acrylic adhesive can be cured with either LORD Accelerator 4, LORD Accelerator 17 or LORD Accelerator 19. LORD Accelerator 4 is a no-mix accelerator applied to the substrate before the acrylic adhesive. LORD Accelerators 17 and 19 must be mixed into the acrylic adhesive prior to application. LORD Accelerator 19 is available in off-white or black.
Shelf life is six months when stored at temperatures under 80°F (27°C) in original, unopened container. For maximum shelf life, storage temperatures of 40-50°F (4-10°C) are recommended. If stored at these cooler temperatures, allow product to return to room temperature before using.
Features and Benefits
• Convenient - provides long working time, reducing adhesive waste.
• Bonds Unprepared Metals - requires little or no substrate preparation.
• Versatile - bonds a wide variety of substrates such as metals, ceramics and plastics; can be used with both Mix-In and No-Mix accelerators; insensitive to minor deviations from correct mix ratio.
• Temperature Resistant - performs at temperatures from -40 to +300°F (-40 to +149°C).
• Environmentally Resistant - resists dilute acids, alkalis, solvents, greases, oils and moisture; provides excellent resistance to UV exposure, salt spray and weathering.