Lord 852/25GB Toughened Structural Acrylic Adhesive
LORD 850 and 852 acrylic adhesives in combination with LORD Accelerator 25GB can be used to replace welding, brazing, riveting and other mechanical fastening methods. These toughened structural adhesives perform particularly well in low-temperature environments and applications that are subject to high impact, high peel loads or high fatigue.
LORD 850 and 852 adhesives provide a range of working times to accommodate a wide variety of process requirements. LORD 850 and 852 adhesives, when mixed with LORD Accelerator 25GB, create adhesive systems that bond a wide variety of prepared or unprepared metals and some engineered plastics. These adhesive systems are specifically formulated to provide the highest impact and peel strengths available in a room temperature curing adhesive with exceptional cohesive failure mode.
LORD Accelerator 25GB allows precise control of the adhesive bondline thickness due to its content of glass beads. For further detailed information, refer to the LORD Accelerator 25GB data sheet.
Features and Benefits
- Versatile - bonds a wide range of unprepared metals with minimal substrate preparation, as well as polymer composite substrates such as FRP.
- Durable - provides high strength for high-end structural bonding applications; 100% elongation improves impact strength and fatigue resistance.
- Temperature Resistant - performs at temperatures from -40°F to +300°F (-40°C to +149°C); tolerates e-coat bake with cohesive failure at 338°F (170°C).
- Environmentally Resistant - resists dilute acids, alkalis, solvents, greases, oils, moisture, salt spray and weathering; provides excellent resistance to indirect UV exposure.
- Non-Sag - remains in position when applied on vertical or overhead surfaces, allowing for greater process flexibility.
|Typical Properties of Adhesive Mixed with Recommended Accelerator|
|Mix Ratio by Volume, Adhesive to Accelerator||10:1||10:1|
|Solids Content, %||100||100|
|Working Time, min @ 75°F (24°C)||6-10||20-25|
Time to Handling Strength, min @ 75°F (24°C)
50 psi Shear
|Full Cure Time, hr @ 75°F (24°C)||2**||5|
|Mixed Appearance||Red Paste||Red Paste|
*Data is typical and not to be used for specification purposes.
**Reaches 90% of its full strength after 1 hour.