Sikaflex 255 FC One Component High Strength Elastic Adhesive Black
Sikaflex®-255 FC is a 1-component elastic high-performance direct glazing adhesive with gap-filling capabilities that cures on exposure to atmospheric humidity and form a durable elastomer. Sikaflex®-255 FC is manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001/14001 Quality Assurance Systems and the Responsible Care Program.
- Low odor
- Bonds and seals at the same time
- Short tack free and curing time
- Very high thixotropy for good gap filling properties
- Adhesion to a wide range of substrates
- Non-staining curing process
- Initial load bearing capacity
- Over paintable with many coatings (Consult Sika)
- Increases torsional stiffness of final assembly
- Shock/Impact resistant
- Vibration and sound damping properties
Areas of Application
Sikaflex®-255 FC is designed for direct glazing applications with mineral glass-based windows as well as bonding metal panels (primed and painted). Sikaflex®-255 FC offers extremely high initial bond strength. Its fast rate of cure results in rapid strength development and shorter service times.
- Bonding trim, molding and all kinds of styling elements
- Structural bonding of large parts, including sheet metal, composites and glass
- Used to replace rivets and other mechanical fasteners
- This product is suitable only for experienced professional users.