CounterBalance® CounterPlate (9.75" x 3.75")
The CounterBalance CounterPlate (9.75" x 3.75") is a hidden countertop support plate designed for use on pony walls or knee-walls. The CounterPlate will support overhangs up to 13" on 3cm stone.
|Item||Dimensions||Type of Overhang||Supported Overhang Length
(3cm or 1 1/4" Countertop Thickness)
|Supported Overhang Length
(2cm or 3/4" Countertop Thickness)
|CounterPlate||9.75" L x 3.75" W||2x4 Framed Knee-Wall||7" - 13"||7" - 10"|
|CounterPlate XL||11.75" L x 3.75" W||2x4 Framed Knee-Wall||9" - 15"||9" - 12"|
Features and Benefits
- Made in the USA
- Low-profile, virtually invisible plate that gives your countertop the appearance that it is floating
- Although designed for knee-walls/pony walls the CounterPlate can also be installed into cabinetry with 2x4 framing
- No corbels needed allowing more space for leg room and chairs
- Easy to install
- Made of 7 gauge steel, 3/16" thick steel and powder coated
- Countersunk screw holes for flush installation
- Multiple packaging options
What Size Plate to Order:
The CounterPlates are designed to support overhangs 6" past their length with 3cm stone and 3" past their length with 2cm stone. Please refer to the chart above as well as our Installation Sheet for more information.
Can I use the CounterPlate on Cabinetry?
Although we would recommend the IslandBar for cabinet overhangs the CounterPlate can also be installed into cabinetry as long as you can frame the inside of the cabinetry with 2x4's. In instances like this our customers use the CounterPlate instead of the IslandBar because of issues like full overlay doors.
Write Your Own Review